Botswana, Africa

Botswana, Africa
DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed on this blog are our personal views and are not representative of the Peace Corps or the U.S. government in anyway.

Friday, July 2, 2010

Howling at the moon!

It's 2am and every dog within 2 square miles has been howling at something in the night and because I live in a small concrete box with no front door I can hear everything that goes on. I'm not sure if I'm the only one effected by this or not but I was pretty enraged because this is not the first night I have been awakened in the middle of the night by screaming dogs! As a matter of fact this night is pretty common and probably takes place more often than not... at any rate tonight was new and interesting in that I am now awake, I am angry at these dogs in my yard yelling at something, and there is nothing between me and quieting these dogs except for bars on every window and door in the place. If you have every seen a monkey in a zoo... you can imagine the sight and as I slowly realized that rattling my cage was only exciting my furry friends I soon calmed down and ohhh about a half an hour later the dogs finally quit yelling at each other.

There is something going on out there. I can hear cow bells ringing similar to when a donkey cart goes by but these bells are stationary. I think there may be some type of something happening... I don't know what. Maybe a baby born way of in the distance or something, but you can rest assured that sooner or later I will find a key to my cage and venture off into the night to discover exactly what is going on. Perhaps tomorrow night when this same thing happens??

2 comments:

  1. This was hilarious actually. I was laughing my ass off at Mark because he really did look like a drunken monkey in a cage. He got sooo mad at me when I pointed out to him that yelling at the dogs was making them louder. But of course, I was right as usual. What an exciting life, right?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi My Babies,

    I read the whole blog!! Mark, you look great in Lindsey's boyfriend-skinny jeans!
    Send Murphy.

    ReplyDelete